Add to Technorati Favorites pfblogs.org logo

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Setback!

If I would have started preparing sooner then I wouldnt be in the predicament that im in. I knew when I got paid that I was going to have a small amount of work done to my car. Replace a fuel filter. I masked the mechanic to look at some other issues with my car as well and see whats going on and to give me prices. Well, my 35 dollar out the door fuel filter turned into 136 dollars because my brakes in the front were almost gone, and the rear was getting there. While we were investigating further, we concluded i needed a new wheel hub and not a wheel bearing like i originally thought (money saved) and a transmission mount. Ones $100 and the other $111. So my next two checks will be replacing these things instead of putting money in the emergency fund. These types of things is what the emergency fund is for, and makes me wonder if I should be putting back a little more than a $1000 before i start on rebuilding my credit.

On the bright side I no longer smell gas after driving for a while (my fuel filter was leaking and had a lot of metallic crap in it, he kept it to show to me), my gas mileage has improved, and im not getting a violent vibration in the front like i was getting. The vibration is what made me think wheel bearing in the first place but replacing the brake pads solved the problem, yet i wouldnt be applying the brakes when i felt it. I dont know, cars are weird i guess, and im far from being a mechanic.  Hopefully next time I'll be prepared for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment