Add to Technorati Favorites pfblogs.org logo

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New Account

I've opened up a new online checking account through INGDirect. I already had my savings there, plus an old 401(k). I'm still going to be using for now my current brick and mortar bank, but those days are coming to a close in the future. I have everything automatically withdrawn from my old account, so I'll slowly switch everything over, probably after taxes come in.

My current brick and mortar bank charges a $8.00 a month fee. The fee was originally $10 but they lower it $2 for setting up automatic deposit of your payroll. This fee is supposed to go away after a year. Also, the past 2 months, they've been charging me $5.95 to use their bill pay service. This is something I do not use nor ever signed up for. Apparently this is a free service if I pay 3 bills a month, and I was magically signed up for it without my knowledge.

I made a phone call on the 17th to find out why I was being charged this fee, and to see about getting that $8 fee taken away from my account. Well, since I overdrew my account by $4.00 and my payroll hit the very next day back in January, I'm not eligible to have a free checking account. But they did tell me they will be crediting my account $5.95 for 3 months (next month will be on there too because its a month behind) and unsubscribing me from billpay. Well it's been almost 10 days and I've not had my account credited anything. I'll be calling tomorrow to check on this. I'm simplistic I guess. That's why I want everything automatically withdrawn and I opened up the checking account where I have my savings and that 401(k). Makes it easy for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment