Add to Technorati Favorites pfblogs.org logo

Friday, February 27, 2009

Taking a Sick Day

I was going to take a sick day from posting today. A virus that has been circling my family for a few weeks has finally hit me, and put me down for the count for the day. It got me to realize just what being broke and out of work is really like.

When sickness hits the poor and uninsured what are they to do? The best thing I think that can be done is go to the emergency room and hope for a cure while you are there, instead of the doctor seeing you and giving you a prescription that you can't afford in the first place. Doing this though, causes that medical bill to go right to your credit report, which just causes more damage in the long run. I've only spoken to one bank that does not hold medical bills against a person when applying for a line of credit.

There is no state benefits for someone perfectly able to work, only the disabled and children, which I'm not complaining about because of that fact that I am able to work and be offered insurance. So what's a person like me to do?Other than the above-mentioned E.R visit, there's only one thing to do, and that's say, "I'll be over it tomorrow... Hopefully."

No comments:

Post a Comment