Add to Technorati Favorites pfblogs.org logo

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Welcome!

I am laid-off from my job. Can not receive unemployment benefits either. I won't be recalled.

I live in a very small town where jobs are limited. Used to not be that way, but the recession hit hard here in Kentucky. I was fortunate enough to know that I was going to be laid-off two months in advance, so I began a job search, but to no avail. I also applied for section 8 housing, which I received and got to move into a small 3 bedroom apartment last week. Because of my current employment status, my wife with no work, and 3 children, my rent including utilities is a whopping $25.00 a month. My car is also broke down, so I have been borrowing my mothers car for the last 4 months to get around.

I lived in a much larger 3 bedroom home, 15 miles away from town, 20 minutes away from my mother. Which if you can imagine, was a lot of driving when my mother had errands to complete and I was at home. Now I am located in the middle of town, so the stress has went down a little. My oldest child goes to school still in the town I did live in, so I still drive her there every other week(I have shared custody of her), since the year is almost out. Then she will be transferring to a closer school for me.

I am 25 years old. I should have had a career already. Therefore, since my rent is a lot cheaper now, me and my wife both will be going back to school. I plan to get whatever work I can find here in town, and go to school entirely online through the state school system.

In my next post I will be reviewing my financial situation for you to follow along with. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment